Thursday 15 September 2016

Goodnight Mama Olori Rachael Omotayo Jegede Apebiolooto @96

Abesan Estate community held a Christian Wake for Mama Olori Rachael Omotayo Jegede Apebiolooto (Nee Fagbohun). She was 96 years old. Family, friends, community, church members, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren gathered to celebrate her exit today September 15, 2016.
From the testimonies of everybody that spoke, mama lived a wonderful and fulfilling life. She was strong till her death, she loved God and was at peace with everybody.
Burial will be held at her residence at Ipoti Ekiti, Ekiti State on September 28 and 29.
Alimosho Standard spoke with children, community members present at the event. 

Testimonies:
MAMA IS A MOTHER IN ISRAEL
She is a mother in Israel, loving, caring and anything you can say of a mother. An epitome of love, she had compassion for everybody and a great testimony we can always emulate. I just pray we will be able to live to attain God’s plans for our lives. More Pictures and stories after the cut
When I lost my uncle, she prepared enough food to take care of everybody that accompanied us home for the burial. She did so much for us. She also took care of all the children. She loved them dearly and we will never forget her.
- Mr. Ayo Obayomi, Son in-law
MAMA LIVED A GOOD LIFE
I thank God for the life mama lived. Encomiums have been pouring in since the programme started and like one of the speakers said, everything said about mama is true. I want to thank God for a life well lived.
 – Mrs. Yemi (Niece)
MAMA WAS GENEROUS
I have been a friend of the family for over 20 years. Mama is very humble, a prayer warrior, cheerful giver, she was always ready to give all she had. She was very generous, she danced and there was never a dull moment with her. If she talks and you don’t understand, she will make sure she makes you understand by repeating. Mama was fondly called Iya-Oniyan. If you have any event and you tell mama, she will pound yam and bring it as her own contribution. We love her but God loves her most.
– Mr. Tunde Ayenitaju (family friend)
MAMA’S PRAYERS ARE WORKING IN MY LIFE
Firstly I thank God for mama and my life. I also thank God for giving me the best husband who made today a success. Mama is so precious to me and though I am her only child, many people and family members are around me to celebrate mama. I am grateful to God that I am the one burying mama and not she burying me. I also thank God that mama’s prayers are working in my life.
– Mrs. Ariike Obayomi (daughter)
MAMA HAD A PURE HEART
My grandmother was a peaceful woman, a woman with a pure heart, a mother to all. Just as people have said today, mama was very caring and with a heart of God. Mama never held unto grudges. If there was anything that bothered her, she will tell you, she will apologise and then move on. She lived in peace.
I just want to use this medium to say thank you to everybody in Abesan. Mama was blessed with so many children who surrounded her. There was no time mama was ever lonely. Mama said good things about everybody and my prayers are that our own children will bury us too at old age. As mama lived a healthy life, so shall we all too, amen.
–Mrs. Yetunde Folami (granddaughter)
MAMA WAS A SHINING LIGHT
When I joined the family, I immediately noticed mama’s love and kindness. She was an unofficial role model to my wife who is her granddaughter. Mama was a shining light and the legacies she left will be passed on to generations to come.
 – Mr. Charles Folami (grandson in-law)
MAMA SHARED LOVE TO EVERYONE
Mama was energetic, accommodating, very nice and a good mother. Though we had misunderstanding sometimes, God took control of each situation. Mama accepted me for who I am because we lived together for sometime before she passed on. Mama shared love to all members of the family, neighborhood, Ipoti, church and everybody in general. May her soul rest in peace, Amen.
– Mr. Alaba Omoboriowo (In-law)

May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace, Amen.

































No comments:

Post a Comment

IKEJA ELECTRIC CELEBRATES HEROIC WORKFORCE, GETS AWARDED FOR EXCELLENCE, INVESTMENTS IN INFRASTRUCTURE & COMMUNITY WELFARE

Ikeja Electric Plc (IE), has reiterated its commitment to accelerated network upgrades aimed at providing efficient service delivery to its ...